Thursday, August 6, 2015

Painted Interior Door Inspiration & Poll


Hi, Friends! Are you guys on Periscope? I was a bit skeptical at first, but I'll admit, I'm hooked! I love watching my favorite bloggers pop in from time to time!

I posted a quick video on my Periscope (@littlebitshome) yesterday showing you the inside of our front door. It's pathetic. Old, dinged up white paint and a $4 temporary shade that I guess should be called permanent considering it's been on the door for three years! Yes, it's taken me that long to figure out what to do with the door! Ha!


Here's what I'm thinking-- Paint...That...Door!!! But, I can't decide on a color for the life of me. I've considered black, charcoal, yellow, blue, green, and gray. A friend added beige to that list to tie in with the design on the blue chair in the living room. I love the idea of picking up the warm neutral, but wish I could magically make my door weathered wood instead of painting it beige. Where's my magic fairy wand when I need it?

Aside from replacing the door with wood (spoiler alert--it's out of the budget), I've narrowed it down to three choices-- leave it white and add color with a cute shade, paint it gray, or paint it blue. I gravitated toward those choices because the front door is sandwiched between the living room and dining room which are heavily decorated in gray/green/blue/ivory. Here's a look at the nearby living spaces. 

Entry Way

Dining Room--will be painting this a lighter, grayer shade of green soon!

Living Room

Here's some of my inspiration. Please vote at the bottom for your favorite option! Or, write in a different option in the comments! I can't wait to hear what you guys think!

 via

 via








Ok, now VOTE! :) 


4 comments:

  1. Go for the blue like in the interior door in House of Turquoise picture. Anybody can have a gray door. Why not be different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is my favorite inspiration picture! I've had it pinned for years! So pretty!

      Delete
  2. I change my vote from white to the above House of TURQUOISE inspiration pic. Go for it..if it doesn't work ...repaint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I change my vote from white to the inspiration pic from house of Turquoise . GO FOR IT! I agree with the above...anyone can have a white door!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...