Thursday, May 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday- May 2015

Whew, it's been a busy week since I've posted last. We hosted our family from out of town, Hubby and Little Man are both sick with a virus, and Little Girlie has pneumonia. :( Praying they all get well quickly!

Guess what? It's time for another What's Up Wednesday already! That last month flew by! 
Here's what's up with us! Join the fun and let me know what's up with you!

What we're eating this week...

I'm not sure. I have a couple different GI issues going on that are not going away, even with meds. I met with a dietitian today to try to figure out food triggers, since obviously I'm missing something. For the next two weeks, I'm on a strict diet for my GI issues to establish a baseline and try to get me healed up. Some of the foods I'm not allowed will not be missed, like the fruits and veggies. Ha! But, the wheat, garlic, and onion?! Yes, that will definitely be missed! Now to figure out what to cook that doesn't include those things... My dietitian gave me some recipes to start me out, thank goodness! 

What I'm reminiscing about...

My grandma, who means the world to me, lives in a nursing home 9 hours away. I hate that I can't see her more, but it sure made my day to get to talk to her on the phone on Mother's Day! (Thanks, Mike!) 


What I'm loving...

Last year, I asked you all what your favorite concealers were and got so many great ideas from you. Check them out here! I was using Bare Minerals, but it fell out of my purse and is gone forever. Sad! I decided to try out another concealer from the list this time. I picked up some Erase Paste from Sephora and, let me tell you, it's the bomb diggity if you have dark circles like me! I'm so happy with it! It gives a lot fuller coverage than the Bare Minerals. Try it out!


What we've been up to...

This past month has been so busy! We made a trip to DC, which was crazy, but fun! We didn't do much touristy stuff this time, but did hit up Potbelly's (my favorite!!!) and Ikea. :) 

Little Man finished school for the year. The year sure flew by! I'm so proud of him and so thankful he had such a positive and wonderful first school year!

We also finally planted our garden and went strawberry picking! Our little veggies are growing! I can't wait for the fresh zucchini! 

What I'm dreading...

This is silly, but I have a row of pictures to hang and I'm just dreading it! It's so hard to get them straight, especially since the hardware is in a slightly different spot on each frame. What is your favorite picture hanging trick?


What I'm working on...

I'm in the middle of a couple different projects right now! I just finished a fun project for the playroom that I can't wait to show you. I finally went out of my comfort zone and painted something a bright color! Stay tuned!


What I'm excited about... 

We sat down with Little Man yesterday and made a list of all the fun things he wants to do this summer. Play dates with friends, going to the beach, playing in the sprinklers are just a few from his list. It's going to be so fun! We started off our list today by getting an Icee! 


What I'm watching/reading...

Jeremy and I are still on our second time through The Office. We're on the last season right now, then, we are going to start The West Wing and watch those all the way through. I've also been obsessed with Flip or Flop! I've watched all of the episodes on Netflix. If only we had cable and I could see the new season! I love their designs and I'll totally admit that I also love Christina's wardrobe. Anyone else secretly get style tips from her?!


What I'm listening to...

I've loved the song Forever Reign lately. It's one of my favorites that we sing at church!



What I'm wearing...

I've been slowly trying to add some new pieces to my wardrobe for the summer. I hit up Loft for their store wide 40% off sale last week and picked up a tank and shorts that I love! The shorts are SO comfy!

What I'm doing this weekend...

We were planning to do a fun day trip this weekend, but since 3 of the 4 of us are sick, we are going to just stay close to home and take it easy. I have some projects to finish up, so hopefully I'll get those done!

What I'm looking forward to next month...

My friend Amy and her beautiful family are coming to visit in June! I can't wait! Here's a throwback photo of us from when we graduated college almost TEN years ago. How can it be 10 years already?!

I'll be back with a new project next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...