Thursday, June 5, 2014

Living Room Makeover: Drum Stool

Quick living room update today! We needed an end table to go next to the arm chair, but didn't want to add another piece of dark wood furniture or another rectangle to the room. I started thinking about alternative options and remembered seeing garden drum stools used for end tables. A quick online search later, and I found this adorable drum stool!
It is unlike anything I usually buy, but I liked how the detail was a slight nod to the design in the chair. I, of course, consulted my friend Amy who loved it, too, and encouraged me to get out of my comfort zone and go for it! I'm so happy I did!
The price was much less than a traditional end table and I like that it isn't too visually heavy. It's the perfect place to set a cup of coffee in the morning!
Funny story... I had never called it a drum stool in front of Little Man. However, the second I set it in the living room, he walked over to it and started drumming away. Haha!

Be back soon with a rug update! Did you catch a glimpse of it in these pictures?

Linking up to Migonis Home Summer Celebration!

2 comments:

  1. I love your home and your style, it's beautiful and refreshing! That stool looks so great in your space!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...