Thursday, April 17, 2014

White Washed Wood in the Living Room

We've made a couple changes in the living room that we're really enjoying. I love black picture frames with white mats. I'm a sucker for the contrast of them! However, we have several black frames around the living room and entry way and I was afraid of it getting too matchy matchy in here.

I really like the look of white washed wood and wanted that to be a secondary look in the room. It's light enough to still be airy, is a bit rustic and has some character to it, and has a slight coastal vibe. Our overhead light was not bright enough, so we needed to add a lamp to the room. I fell hard for this Threshold floor lamp at Target. I actually scored it for 15% off on a Cartwheel deal. Yay! We put it in the corner between the couch and love seat and it adds the perfect amount of light.
Image Credit: Target    The color is way off in Target's photo!
Side Note: A table lamp would look more natural here, but we are gearing up to change out the furniture and were thinking ahead to what would go best with the new furniture.

A couple months later, I picked up this frame on clearance at Target to tie the white washed wood into the fireplace decor.
Most recently, I finally found a solution to the empty space above the TV. It has been bugging me since we moved in two years ago, but I just hadn't found the perfect thing to go there. I was browsing the Target frame aisle and spotted this frame and knew it was the perfect thing for above the TV! I love it! It's the perfect size and adds another touch of washed wood.
Image Credit: Target
I'm loving natural touch the bits of white washed wood bring! The living room is as done as it's going to get until we purchase a new couch set. Can't wait for that! I'm so ready for a lighter color pallet!

Now to fill that collage frame with pictures... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...