Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tater Tot Soup

One of my favorite bloggers, Mel at The Larson Lingo, is doing a Soup's On link party this week and she posted a fabulous looking broccoli soup recipe! Can't wait to try it! I had to add this potato soup recipe that I found on Meg Duerksen's blog and had posted on my old blog. It uses tater tots, so no peeling and dicing prep work is required! It's easy and SO yummy! I can't wait to see all the other soup recipes that get posted! I hardly have any soup recipes, so I'm stoked to get some new ideas. 
This recipe was originally called “Cheesy Potato Soup”, but when my husband found out how it was made, he renamed it “Tater Tot Soup”. Kinda gives my cheater secret away, but it’s cute. ;)
This is my cool weather quickie meal. It makes a ton, so you won’t have to cook the next day!
Tater Tot Soup
One bag of frozen tater tots (32oz) or 12 hashbrown patties
2 cans chicken broth
1 stick butter or margarine
6 slices American cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup green onions, sliced with tops
1 tsp minced garlic
2 cups sour cream
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Real bacon bits
In a large pot, combine tater tots and broth over medium heat until combined and the tater tots are crumbled. Add remaining ingredients except the bacon. Stir well, then cover and cook on low for 20 minutes or until hot. Do not boil. Garnish with bacon bits and extra shredded cheese (if desired). Enjoy!
Makes about 10-12 servings.

Original recipe found here. The original recipe calls for all sliced cheese, but I like to use both sliced and shredded cheese. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong!

3 comments:

  1. Tator Tot soup?!?!? AMAZING. Need to make, ASAP.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This is going to be on the menu soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds amazing. One the menu this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...