Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Table Decor

I love fall! I count down every year, eagerly waiting for fall. I hate the heat of summer. Heat makes me feel very sluggish and generally makes me not feel well. Stupid asthma keeps me inside most of the summer because I can't breathe when it's hot and hazy. By the time fall comes around, I'm so excited for cooler weather. I can finally go outside again, I can take deep breaths (always a plus, ya know...), the air is crisp and cool, the holidays are right around the corner, and Starbucks brings back pumpkin spice lattes! ;) I love this quote that a friend sent me:

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." -George Eliot

I think that quote needs to go in a frame at some point, don't you? ;)

I've been doing lots of fall decorating around here lately and just finished my dining room table decorations. I tried to go a little more neutral this year than I have in previous years since the brighter fall color palette looks terrible with our dining room color scheme. I think I'll go even more neutral and lighter next year!

For the table runner, I used a cream color runner I had on hand and laid burlap over the top. Then I added a leaf garland and some gourds that I scored on sale at Micheal's, a pumpkin and a couple candles I had on hand, and some acorns I found in the Target dollar spot.
I also used burlap to make napkin rings for our everyday napkins and stuck a leaf in each napkin. I found the leaves last year at the Dollar Store!

Now I just need to go bake something pumpkin to enjoy at our decked out table! :)

Linking up to The Lettered Cottage for the It's Fall Y'all link party!


3 comments:

  1. Question...Did you buy a burlap runner or is that just burlap from a fabric bolt that you cut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a 50% off coupon at Michael's, so I bought a burlap runner there instead of making an extra trip for fabric. It was too wide of a runner for my table and didn't leave much room on each side for plates, so I cut it in half lengthwise. It came in a 10 foot roll, so I still have a lot leftover! Hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful table setting. Visiting from TLC.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...